1. (a) The name of the Institution shall be Association of Cutaneous Surgeons(I).
(b) The Registered office of the Association shall be at C/O Dr Narendra G Patwardhan, 11, Shriniwas Park, Erandvana, Pune - 411004. The working hours of the registered office will be 9 am to 5 pm except On Sundayís and public holidays.
2. Membership: Membership is open to all dermatologists with requisite post-graduate qualification recognised by MCI and practising cutaneous surgery. There is life membership available with fee of Indian Rs. 4000/- (US $100.00 for dermatologists outside India). Demand draft (DD) should be in the name of "Association of Cutaneous Surgeons of India" payable at Pune, India.
Those who possess any other qualification in dermatology from foreign universities, not recognised by MCI will be eligible for associate membership only and subject to approval of membership committee. .The fee for associate members will be Rs 8,000 or 200 US $.
Postgraduates will be registered on payment of Rs 1000 as provisional life members. On passing the examination and furnishing of proof thereof, they will pay the balance amount of Rs 3000 and become life members. Provisional life membership is valid for a period of five years only, during which time, they will have to be converted to life membership.
Honorary members: This would be entertained on the recommendation of the members of the Association decided at a general body meeting, in recognition of distinguished service rendered to the medical profession.
3. Any change in scale of fees or classification of membership made in these presents shall take effect only from the date of adoption of these rules and regulations.
4. All applications for memberships will be scrutinized by a membership committee appointed by the president, with secretary as its convenor. The executive committee may in their discretion and without assigning any reason therefore decline or refuse to enroll any person or persons as life member. Such a person or persons may appeal to the general body with due notice to the secretary setting out the ground of appeal. The secretary shall place the appeal in the Agenda for the succeeding meeting of the general body. If majority of members present at said meeting vote for the enrolment of the appellant he shall be entitled to be a member of the Association as life member.
5. A member desirous of resigning his membership in the Association shall inform the secretary in writing to that effect. Such a member shall cease to be a member when his resignation is accepted by the secretary and his name caused to be deleted from the register of members.
6. A member who ceases to be a member of the Association from any cause whatsoever shall fortwith cease to have any rights or other incidences of membership and he shall not be entitled for refund of the membership fees paid by him
7. All property and fund of the association shall belong to the Association collectively and no individual life member or Honorary member shall have any proprietary right over any them.
8. General body. The general body of the Association shall consist of the life members and each shall have equal voting rights.
9. A meeting of the general body shall be held once every year on the penultimate day of the National Conference/Workshop of the ACS(I) for which notice will be given by the secretary and at which 1) the audited accounts for the previous year ending 31st December shall be placed for information of the members. 2) Auditor or auditors for the current year be appointed and his or their remuneration if any fixed. If there is no quorum for the meeting so scheduled within half an hour of the appointed time, the members present shall form the quorum. If, in any year, the executive committee feels that the general body meeting has to be held earlier to or later than the date fixed above or any special matter or matter in addition to those included in the above agenda should be considered in the said meeting of the general body, or any change in the venue or time become necessary, at least 7 clear days notice shall be given to the members either individually or through publication in any newspaper/email approved by the executive committee intimating such change in place time or additional matter to the agenda.
10. An extraordinary meeting of general body may be called any time with prior notice at any other time for consideration of any special matter which the executive committee wants to place before the members by special notice to members in the manner prescribed above. Such meeting of the members shall be called Extra-ordinary general body meetings.
11. The executive committee shall be competent to suggest amendments, delete or add to any of the provisions under these articles or frame such new rules regulations or by laws or cancel vary or modify the existing ones on the recommendation of the governing body from time to time. Such amendments will have to be approved by the AGM.
12. The executive committee shall conduct: a) The management of the affairs of the Academy is entrusted with the executive committee of the association. b) The executive committee shall exercise all the powers vested in the Association under the memorandum of the association to carry out the objectives of the association mentioned in the memorandum of the association. c) Int the affairs and concerns of the association, all funds and assets belonging to the association or which may hereafter belong to it shall be vested in and managed by the executive committee which is answerable to the general body.
13. The executive committee shall consist of President, immediate past president, two vice presidents, secretary, treasurer, editor of journal, two joint secretaries, and three committee members. Such members will be elected at AGM; such members will be members of association. In addition, there will be a central council consisting of all past presidents, past secretaries and one representative for each state, who shall be nominated/elected during AGM. Central council will meet during ACSICON/workshop and also during DERMACON each year.
14. The executive committee shall meet as often as necessary and wherever convened by the secretary. They will meet during ACSICON/Workshop. In addition, the executive committee shall also meet during DERMACON every year.
15. A member of the executive committee shall cease to hold office if he or she becomes a) unsound of mind b) is convicted of any offence by a court of law c) is absent from any three consecutive meetings of the executive committee without leave of absence.
16. The executive committee shall be responsible for the conduct of the affairs of the Association and as such shall exercise all necessary powers consistent with those present or as may be determined by the general body from time to time.
17. The total strength of the executive committee shall not exceed 15 members including ex-officio members namely the secretary.
18. The executive committee through the secretary shall assist guide or coordinate the functioning of any committee on sub- committee that may be set up by the general body from time to time.
19. The executive committee shall be competent to exercise such power and functions as the general body may prescribe or delegate to it from time to time and it shall be answerable and responsible to the general body only.
20. Secretary: The secretary subject to the supervision and general control of the executive committee and direction and guidance from the general body shall have full administrative power to receive money and deal with the funds of the association and operate Bank a/c jointly with the treasurer/president and give discharge on behalf of the Association and with the sanction the executive committee, the power to borrow money with a without security and execute necessary documents there on, to exercise such other duties powers and functions as the executive committee or the general body may determine from time to time and in turn to delegate such powers, duties and functions to his colleagues or subordinates as the situation may call for. The secretary shall exercise these powers wholly consistent with the objects of the association and exercise control over the working of the association in all its spheres of activity and functions and it shall be the duty and responsibility of the secretary to translate into action the objects and aspirations of the association and carry out resolution of the association from time to time.
21. To carry out the objects of the association the secretary shall have a) The custody of the properties and assets of the association on behalf of the Association. b) The authority to sign certificates or to execute documents on behalf of the Association with the seal of the Association. c) The responsibility, jointly with the treasurer, to write the accounts and registers of the association being maintained and for the purpose to appoint necessary staff paid honorarium.
22. The secretary shall be elected by the general body at its bi-annual meeting and shall be for a term of two years.
23. The secretary shall be ex-officio member of any other committee or sub committee appointed by the association with the right of voting.
24. The secretary can be removed from the office if 1) he ceases to be a member of the association or 2) such removal is consequent to failure to meet the objects of and aspirations of the association and his continuation is detrimental to the present functioning and future of the association 3) at least 75% of the members of the general body present at a meeting specially convened for the purpose vote for his removal.
25. The President shall preside over all meeting of the general body and the executive committee and shall have a casting vote in case of a tie.
26. If the President is absent in any such meeting within 15 minutes of the appointed time for the meeting the Senior Vice President shall preside and in the absence of the President, Senior Vice President shall be competent to exercise all the powers conferred on him.
27. In the absence of both, the secretary shall preside over all the meeting and in absence of any of them junior vice president, and if not, senior-most member of the executive committee can preside.
28. The quorum for the meeting for the general body, and executive committee shall be ten and three respectively.
29. Any decision taken in the meeting of the general body or executive committee which is duly convened and held and where there is a quorum shall be deemed to be of the same effect as that which is passed under the signature of all the members of the respective bodies.
30. Any member desirous of moving any resolutions in the general body or executive committee shall give one monthís notice of his intents to do so with a copy to the secretary.
31. The association may affiliate itself to any institute having substantially the same objects in common or get itself amalgamated with such other institute with the same object and aspiration in such manner and subject to such condition as the general body may decide from time to time.
a. There will be a minimum of once conference and one workshop each alternate year. However, more conferences can be organised as per the discretion of the executive committee.
b. Conference also called ACSICON will be minimum three day event. Workshop will be held for minimum of two days.
c. Process of awarding conference/workshop:
i. Interested members will submit their bids in writing to the secretary who will verify it with the concerned state representative of ACSI and then place it before the AGM. The bidder will present the facilities available and other details of the conference.
ii. The venues of the conference and workshop will be decided at least two years in advance, wherever feasible.
iii. President will appoint a central scientific committee, consisting of President, secretary, concerned state representative and any other senior member. The central scientific committee will supervise and coordinate scientific program of the event.
iv. The bidder will have to sign a memorandum of understanding about the conference. He will also give an undertaking that:
aa. Fully audited accounts will be submitted within three months of the event
ab. 75% of received amount (registration + sponsorship amounts) will be dedicated towards expenditure on the event.
ac. Remaining 25% will be dedicated to contribution to ACSI corpus and will be done in following ACSI.
e. Minimum requirements to be organized mandatorily include:
i. Lunches on all conference days
ii. Oration memento to awardee of PN Behl oration
iii. One faculty dinner
v. Inauguration is mandatory for ACSICON- the following people will be seated on the dias representing ACSI: President, vice presidents, editor, secretary, Iím past president, and local org chairman, scientific chairman, org secretary, chief guest, guest of honour.
vi. Stalls: Stalls rates will be fixed by the local organizing committee in consultation with central scientific committee on a per sq.metre basis.
vii. Registration fees: Will be fixed by the local organizing committee in consultation with central scientific committee. Delegate fee will not exceed Rs 3000 for members and 2000 for accompanying persons. For non-members, minimum fee will be member fee + life membership fee (Rs 7000).
viii. If the bid is on behalf of a state branch of IADVL, and the meeting is to be held jointly with the state branch of IADVL, the meeting will be held as follows:
ix. Meeting will be held under joint auspices and will be announced so in all announcements.
x. President of ACSI and other office bearers will be involved in all stages of conference organization.
xi. Scientific program will be as per the tradition and practices of ACSI.
xi. Inaugural ceremony will be held jointly with due courtesy being shown to ACSI office bearers.
xii. Conference financial savings will be shared between ACSI and state branch IADVL on 50:50 basis.
xiii. These points will be signed in a MOU between ACSI president/secretary and state branch IADVL president.
4. If the organizing secretary of the ACSI conference/workshop fails to submit the accounts by the prescribed date (within three months of the conference), secretary of ACSI will telephonically communicate and request for submission of accounts within 4 weeks. If there is still no submission, a letter will be sent by registered post by the secretary asking for submission of accounts within 6 weeks. If no reply is received, one more reminder is to be sent. If no accounts are submitted within further 6 weeks, the matters should be brought to the notice of the executive committee. President, on the advice of the executive committee, will then send a notice by registered post asking for submission of accounts within 6 weeks, failing which disciplinary action will be taken. If accounts are still not submitted, the matter will be brought to the notice of the Central Council and General Body, recommending appropriate disciplinary action (such as suspension/expulsion) and the AGM will decide on the precise action to be taken.